Disclosure: This post may contain some affiliate links. If you purchase any goods or service through one of these links I may earn a small commission, this is at no extra cost to you.
The year my niece was born I made her a Christmas stocking. I was talking about it at work and my boss said I was going to be that weird aunt that gave boring homemade gifts like clothes and sweaters that don’t fit.
Then I showed him the Christmas stocking I made her and well, he retracted his statement pretty quickly. In fact one of my other bosses even wanted me to make stockings for each of his four kids.
Homemade gifts are a great way to give a personalized gift. They’re good gifts for the person who has everything, and they’re especially great for kids to give.
They can be a good way to save money too, but you have to be mindful of the expense of the supplies needed to make them. If it’s something you do anyway, or you have the supplies on hand, you don’t have to worry about this. But if you have to go out and buy a bunch of tools you might want to consider the extra expense.
55 Simple Homemade Gift Ideas
Home made gifts don’t have to be weird, boring, or useless junk. Here’s a list of some great gift ideas for everyone on your list!
1. Baked goods: cookies, sweet bread, muffins, pies
2. Canned goods: Sparkling Holiday Jam, jelly, pickles, relish, salsa, fruit, vegetables, pasta sauce
3. Home cooked frozen meals – chicken pot pie, lasagna, macaroni & cheese, soup, casserole
4. Hot cocoa stirring spoons
5. Spice mixes: taco seasoning, salad dressing, steak/chicken marinade, rubs,
6. Drink mixes: hot cocoa mix, chai tea latte, cappuccino mix
11. Pot holders
12. Knit/crochet hats and gloves
14. Travel toiletries bag
15. Luggage tags
16. Artwork: painting, drawing
17. Personalized gift tags (for someone who makes homemade gifts)
18. Blank inside greeting cards
19. Personalized Welcome sign
20. Personalized wall decor
21. Personalized tea towels
22. Decorated T-shirt
23. First Christmas ornament (baby, wedding, house)
24. Personalized ornament (scrabble name)
25. Kitchen signs
26. Photo calendar
27. Photo collage/wreath
28. Body scrub in a jar
Gift Baskets & Gift Sets
Check out these handy gift basket kits and make one the gift baskets below for an easy homemade gift.
29. Bath set (fancy soap, loofah, bubble bath or bath fizz, lotion)
30. Shaving kit (men or women)
32. Baked goods
33. Wine (wine, wine glass, cork screw, stopper)
34. Cheese & Crackers (small cutting board and knife, cheeses, crackers)
35. Jam (a variety of jams and jellies)
36. Liquor (a variety of small bottles of liquor, a bottle and a couple of glasses, book on making cocktails and drink mixer)
37. Coffee (a variety of coffees, mugs, flavored syrups or creamers)
38. Ice cream sundae kit (hot fudge, caramel topping, strawberry topping, nuts, cherries, gift certificate for a 1/2 gallon of ice cream)
39. Board games
40. Movie night (DVD, popcorn, and candy)
43. Lottery tickets
44. Pajama party
45. Dinner (frozen steak, sides, rolls, dessert)
46. Breakfast (pancakes, maple syrup)
47. Baking (cookie mix, pot holder, spatula)
48. Homemade food (any home cooked food that can easily be transported, stored and re-heated)
Wrap it up
Special packaging will give your gift that extra something that takes your homemade gift from dull to dazzling!
A pretty container, nice wrapping paper, and a bow will go a long way to making your gift extra special.
I’d love to hear from you! What’s your favorite homemade gift to receive? Comment below!
Also, check out these other posts you might enjoy!